Junior High Religious Education- J3 Youth Group (7th & 8th grade): Wednesday nights from October to April Junior High Youth have the opportunity to attend class from 7:00-8:15pm.
- Each grade is broken into groups that rotate through 3-4 mini-sessions throughout the year.Class involves activity, journaling, lecture and small group discussion.
- Topics include 10 Commandments/Morality, Being Catholic – Sign & Symbol, Bible, Church History, Jesus, Prayer, and Sacraments.
- There are large group activity nights under adult and Senior High leadership each semester with games, group discussion, praise & worship, prayer and pizza. Classes meet in the Johnson Activity Center and the Administration buildings upstairs.
SOCIAL & ACTIVITIES
Open Gym and snack bar is from 5:30pm to 7:00pm on Wednesdays (before RE class).
- Youth are invited to come and enjoy a snack (hot dogs, nachos, pizza) for nominal prices.
- The gym is open for basketball and volleyball. The basement is open for pool, ping-pong, Wii and foosball.
- Fellowship is enjoyed while the youth eat and play board games or cards.
SVDP and Diocesan activities will be announced throughout the year.
Junior High youth serve the parish as Ushers at 5:30 Mass on Saturday, working at the Parish picnic in September, the Fall Festival in October, and the Easter Egg Hunt in Lent. Service to the community is provided through work at Mission Arlington, Walk for Life in April; and food and clothing drives for local charities in need. Global outreach is provided through “Operation Christmas Child”, and the “Heifer Project”.
Walk For Life is the spring project on the last Wednesday in April for the entire youth ministry group. Our students collect pledges for Texans For Life to protect the unborn. An area park is rented to walk and cookout for this end of year activity.
The Fall Festival is held in October. Youth plan and work all of the games and activities for the community-wide party. The entire JAC and administration building are turned into a Halloween wonderland for the little ones to enjoy.
Mission Arlington Thanksgiving is a Junior and Senior High joint project. We take a group to volunteer at Mission Arlington on Wednesday November 21 from noon-3pm. The youth help with the food boxes that are given away for Thanksgiving dinner the next day. Parents need to come with Junior High youth to participate. St. Vincent’s Youth Ministry has a long standing tradition of working on the day before Thanksgiving.