St. Vincent’s follows the Catholic Diocese of Ft. Worth Guidelines for Confirmation.
- Youth who are in 10th grade or above are eligible for Confirmation preparation.
- This Sacramental program begins with a required meetings in the JAC 1-4 & Gym
- Parents – Sunday Oct. 2nd , 2:00-4:00
- Youth - Sunday Oct. 2nd , 5:00pm-7:00pm.
- Every student needs to register for St. Vincent’s Religious Education prior to registering for Confirmation. These are two separate registrations. You cannot register for Confirmation until you have finished registering for Religious Education and paying the fee.
- All classes are held on Sunday mornings from 10:15-12:15pm to allow youth to attend 5:30pm Mass on Saturday or Sunday 9:00 or 12:30pm
- Classes are : Oct. 9, Nov. 13, Dec. 11, Jan. 8, Feb. 12, March 3,4,5 (Retreat), April 2, April 23
- A required retreat is held Friday March3-Sunday March 5,2017.
- Chartered buses leave St. Vincent’s at 6:30pm to go to Camp Hoblitzelle, in Midlothian.
- The retreat fee is $117 which includes the bus, lodging and all meals.
- If youth cannot attend their parish retreat, they must find another Catholic Church’s Confirmation retreat to attend before April 15th.
- Confirmation practice and rehearsal will be Saturday April 29 from 10-noon. This is for the Sponsor and the candidate. (A proxy may be used.)
- Confirmation Mass will be Wednesday night, May 24th at 7:00pm. Candidates will meet in the Gym at 6:30
- Confirmation class is held in one room with many tables. It is a large group presentation and small group discussion.
- Youth are divided into groups by a lottery and will stay in their group all year.
- Each group will work together on one project at St. Vincent’s sometime during their Confirmation preparation time.
- Each youth must serve 30 hours of Christian Ministry Service. 15 hours may be served prior to the student entering 10th grade. CMS is not community service; it is a time to serve the poor and needy that requires our help. It is also a time to discover where you can serve in our own church.
- Each youth will have a Sponsor. A sponsor must be at least 16 years old and a practicing Catholic. This person should have a good relationship with the Confirmation Candidate and provide opportunities for prayer and discussion.
Rite of Christian Initiation adapted for Teens (RCIT):
- This is a time of discovery and learning about the Catholic faith. Some youth have not had the opportunity to be fully alive in their faith.Some may have been Baptized, some may not have been Baptized. Some have received their sacraments, some have not. These youth come together to learn anew about their faith. In addition to this course, the youth also attend their age appropriate RE class. For example, if a youth is in 10th grade and has been Baptized, but has not received Reconciliation or Eucharist, that student would attend Confirmation Class on the scheduled Sundays along with the RCIT classes on the scheduled Sundays (They do not conflict.) The youth is kept with his peer group for RE but also studies with the RCIT group. The schedule is youth friendly and geared to busy teens. 7-9th graders would do their RE class on Wednesdays and RCIT on Sundays.
- Youth are welcome and registration is in the fall.
RCIA- UPCOMING EVENTS